where do I start

Started by
6 comments, last by dan1088352 19 years, 6 months ago
nehe.gamedev.net is no good, are there any other good tutorials on the internet?
Advertisement
try one of these books. I own OpenGL Game Programming and i really liked it. The other one is just a slim version and I heard it was good too and also cheaper

hope that helps !
Matt
Matt
I started with OpenGl game programming and I recommend it as well. But why in particular do you say nehe is no good?
I found NeHe tutorials to be quite good.

Where specifically do you think it was lacking?

The GameDev community like to help but you need to be specific.

NeHe is the best set of online tutorials for learning the basics of OpenGL, provided you already know C++ and Windows programming.

If you don't know C++/Windows programming, then you shouldn't be reading the HeNe tutorials.

Other online things you can try:

- Read the OpenGL Red Book (there's an online version available)
- Read the OpenGL specification from SGI's website

They're both great references, but I doubt you'll get through them if you can't get through NeHe.

"OpenGL Game Programming" is a good book to start with if you're looking for an offline resource.

Perhaps you could provide more information, instead of just saying "NeHe sucks", and not providing a reason...
Quote:Original post by dan1088352
nehe.gamedev.net is no good, are there any other good tutorials on the internet?

Maybe you should've started somewhere other than right there, because that totally doesn't tell anyone anything about nothing.

geeks.

EDIT: before it affects my rating, geeks. refers to another thread I started about T-Shirts.
Things change.
more opengl tutorials websites:
Game Tutorials,
CodeSampler,
Lighthouse3D,
and the OpenGL official resources pages (tutorials, samples etc.)

i also wonder why you're saying NeHe isn't good

[Edited by - pex22 on October 15, 2004 12:49:25 PM]
pex.
ok, I was mistaken, I printed the entire thing and the comments didnt show up, that was not a small amount of pages.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement