• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JensE

DX-Debug doesn't produce any output

This topic is 5389 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, maybe a stupid question: I don't receive any debug output when I use the debug version of DX 8.1 and I don't know how to fix this problem. I am using Visual C++ 6.0 and I would expect the output in the normal "output" window of the IDE (panel "debug") - but nothing appears. I "forced" a DX error by passing NULL to the device window within the creation parameters, but no output was given (something like "D3D (ERROR): Parameter XY has invalid value NULL"). However, there was a debug error message "Unknown software exception (0x800000003)". I am sure some time ago I received that output. I set the debug output level for D3D to the highest level and told DX to use the debug version. Also, I use the debug version with my program, of course. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
Hi, yes, the second way.

And you're right, if I run it with Debug/Execute the output works, thank you!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!