Loading in Animation

Started by
2 comments, last by VoodooCHld 23 years, 6 months ago
In direct3d is it possible to load in an animated 3ds file. i have a treasure chest in 3d studio max, and i open it up in an animation sequence. i can load in the 3ds file into my engine, but was wondering if i could laod in the "frames" of animation into a structure, and have it rendered as a function call, such as openChest(). if so, this would be very useful in my script engine, instead of having to do the math within my engine. thanks much in advance Code makes the world go round...
Code makes the world go round...
Advertisement
Hello,

The 3DS-format supports keyframing so you can read information you need from it. But you have to interpolate the movements between those keyframes by yourself. Either by simple linear interpolation or some kinds of splines like beziér.
any good examples on the net of bezier splines...i am not familliar with them at all. thanks again in advance
Code makes the world go round...
I have a class for Bezier Splines on my site. It is very basic stuff, I learned it from an arcticle on gamasutra. I used the class for keyframe interpolation in camera paths, it''s not perfect but better than linear interpolation...

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement