2D WIP

Started by
3 comments, last by GPointAnd 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi there! I've been lurking on these boards for somet time now, and I thought maybe I should start joining in on the fun. So, here you go. Any crits would be greatly appreciated! http://www.meeware.com/Project/big.jpg
Advertisement
looks well done, what application did you use? how much time?

-Gordon
Photoshop was the application used. Total for all of it, maybe a week work time.
Well done indeed, I think it looks nice and you kept a defined but simplistic design that's pretty pleasing. I don't know why you think the title needs more green, however I think it would be more fitting if, even though this seems to be just a 'test' page of sorts, you put the title on and gave us the feeling that it was the title. That and if you think it needs a certain color or not, it'd be nice to let us know why, for all we know, it's because it has to do with your story. Other than that, I'd play around with different color themes for the title, both on it and see how it looks on other colors besides black. Lastly, and probably the largest beef I have is the GUI. It looks awesome, but you said one will be active while the other's passive. Well, it looks cool and all, but I can't tell which is which. And even if you're going to tell the player "Oh, the bottom one is the passive one of course" it still comes across as making the design weaker. Maybe a figure-ground sort of reversal of elements to greater distinguish the two would help there, making the 'passive' one seem so in a visual sense.

You don't seem to have a problem grasping style, so at the very least it looks like you'll have an aesthetically pleasing game, and as it's been shown through the years, that can really help you out even if you have a shitty gameplay system.

P.S. You ought to get someone to proofread this for you. Some things were spelled wrong, and some things were spelled right, you just used the wrong word ('there' instead of 'their' and 'an' instead of 'in').
---Working on a project proposal
Thanks Dan. A lot of the words that were spelt wrong were because I couldn't sleep, and was doing this later at night. Haven't bothered putting the fixed version up. That spelling stuff was just there to test how long the black boxes need to be to fit the text. Thanks for the crits though!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement