Macromedia Flash

Started by
11 comments, last by a_insomniac 20 years, 5 months ago
Im not good at 3D studio Max at all, but I plan to fly to Cali this spring to take two courses in it. Until then I have a question for some veteran players out here. I would like to have an animated intro to start off my game. I have excellent skills using Flash and have been using it for 2 years now. But what I want to do is either save it to .AVI and try and use it that way or see if there us a way to use the .swf file. The cool part about flash is that you can use it for a trailer for your game. Does anyone have any code examples either using .swf files or .avi files at all? --or-- Can you recommend any good .flc programs. Thanks much a_insomniac If my compiler was voice activated with the voice of my mother-in-law....there would be no errors!

----------

Advertisement
Hey,

I was in here myself asking about Flash stuff. What I learned was that flash is all active x controls. You could write your own flash player in your program. Macromedia released all the source for the files. I allso know that Borland C Builder has some things in the VCL library to play flash in your aplications. Flash also has a Java Based player included, look in your Macromedia files to find it. Hopefully that has helped.

a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

Snootchie Bootchies!

-=CF=-
a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

Why is it called a hot water heater? Isn't it cold when it goes in the tank?

[email=jtaylor@gtemail.net" class="h]-=CF=-[/email]
Thanks im gonna give that try. If I can pull it off this will be really good.

----------

okay, now i have a question about flash. i''m gonna be learning it this week. is it really good? my impression is that it''s kinda like photoshop and animation shop put together for web development. okay, now, that''s probably an understatement, but i need to be convinced that flash is not just for the beginners. i was planning to make my entire intro sequence with 3DS MAX, since it has all those special fx and plugins and stuff, and it''s an animation tool for full multimedia in all respects. should i stick with this for my intro sequence, or is flash better in some way?

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
quote:Original post by a2k

okay, now i have a question about flash. i''m gonna be learning it this week. is it really good? my impression is that it''s kinda like photoshop and animation shop put together for web development. okay, now, that''s probably an understatement, but i need to be convinced that flash is not just for the beginners. i was planning to make my entire intro sequence with 3DS MAX, since it has all those special fx and plugins and stuff, and it''s an animation tool for full multimedia in all respects. should i stick with this for my intro sequence, or is flash better in some way?

a2k

By your question, you have obviously never been to flashplanet.com and looked at the site of the week section.

"Five passengers set sail that day, for a three hour tour, a three hour tour...."
quote:
Does anyone have any code examples either using .swf files or .avi files at all?

Not sure if this is what you meant, but the following site has just about every format known to man.

http://www.wotsit.org

-Coleco

~ c o l ec o ~

Rock the cradle of love!
You stupid WANKER!

--HASBRO SUCKS--
Rock the cradle of love! You stupid WANKER!
to a2k

3DS Max is completely different from Flash. Flash is mainly an 2D Vector Format for Small Animations.
3DS Max is used for complex Animations, like seen in some Movies, or as intros for Games. You can create complete 3D Worlds with it and also have the capabilitys to animate Human (or less Human) Charakters even without motion capturing systems.

Lars
--------> http://www.larswolter.de <---------
okay, well, if i can find out a way to incorporate a flash animation into my game intro sequence, then i''ll render some animation from 3DS MAX, import it into a flash animation, and use the tools in flash, just so i can learn a little.

I''m probably just gonna end up doing everything in 3DS MAX (text and all) just because there are several avi loaders already available.

i was actually looking at flash in the non-web development sense, and seeing it as an animation shop package. i''ll mess around with it and see if i like it.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
okay, well, i''m anticipating that i''m gonna start some flames for this, but uh,

okay, i checked out the flashplanet site of the week archives, and i have to admit that some of them are undoubtedly cool and all but, uh, sometimes, i guess, am i missing the point to all of it? i mean, sure it''s got cool interfaces, but how long do interface animations last? if i revisit a site, i usually don''t like having to wait for animation that i''ve seen before. like, in the days of some games like priv 2, the menus sucked cuz they took too long to generate. okay, i take that back. some of them aren''t so bad. well, i need an intro sequence. some flash stuff that i''ve seen looks somewhat what i want to do, but i''ve concluded that i''d be able to do similar stuff in 3DS MAX. i''m stickin'' with MAX for my intro. i''ve got everything squared away. unless someone wants to convince me to try to put the two together...

a2k
Openswf.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement