where to find..?

Started by
12 comments, last by ThUg4LiFe 19 years, 6 months ago
luctus, thank you that is very helpful

i may use this site to "pitch" the game.. featuring "potential screenshots" or pictures of 3D models.. and storyboards

it is such an extensive idea that not too much can be shared to the public and uncontracted people with interest.. but we will work on something to drum up interest because at the moment all the extensive ideas are mostly stored mentally by us!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but in great depth)
Advertisement
Guess I better stop hounding this thread, but two pieces of advice I can give you are make friends with a good programmer, and look into buying a game engine. I say make friends with a good programmer because you'll need him/her to screen people when you start looking for talent. As a test, just post in the Help Wanted forum looking for programmers. You'll get lots of people who've probably just started. Beginner projects are great, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're after so make sure you don't recruit everyone and his kid.

As for purchasing an engine, see Garage Games and look into the Torque engine. It's been used for commercial games (Tribes 2 among others) and there's quite a few programmers out there who know how to work with it. It would be dangerous to try to build an engine from scratch. Most of the time such attempts turn into big messes and everyone gives up. Not to mention how many man hours you'll save. If Torque doesn't interested you, you can always use the Quake 2 engine for free :)
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
thanx aaron, i forgot about "game engines" and using those that already exist. finding one suited the style of game though must be important? the best genre to describe the game would be 3D third-person action adventure (i suppose similar to those stated as created/designed by the writer of that site linked by Luctus) featuring lots of interactivity with surroundings, and aerobatic, combat and various other styles of gameplay

i will follow your advice and ask in the Help Wanted forum... :)
i think learning some code will also probably be essential for me.. to be able to identify talent better, and work out what is actually required to program the game.. as for programming a game like Tetris, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Super Mario.. i am almost certain could program all those games using BASIC, QBASIC.. not too sure about VBasic... but other than those code languages i seriously wouldnt know where to begin

but i definitely need to get in with a good programmer a.s.a.p. to assist with identifying other programmers and talent

and find a good game engine to use, and scripting program etc.

and post a thread in the Help Wanted

thats my to-do list on this project for now lol

thanx for all the help

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement