Well, my 'forum' is open.

Started by
6 comments, last by wyrzy 19 years, 6 months ago
Well, its an MSN group for my tutorial site. Instead of me posting over here every time I make a site update or anything, you guys can just come to this page. I even have a little bloggy thing. Anybody from gamedev is welcome to join. If this gets big enough, I may even need a moderator. cheers. come on over. the link is in my sig.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Advertisement
openGL DOES support color -keying. ok, maybe not directly, but, you can load in an SDL_Surface *, set its color-key, and load that image in as a texture, and the color key'd part will be transparent.
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
hmm, i just realized i clicked your "MY THOUGHTS" page, and not the forum.... whoops [smile]
Quote:Original post by graveyard filla
openGL DOES support color -keying. ok, maybe not directly, but, you can load in an SDL_Surface *, set its color-key, and load that image in as a texture, and the color key'd part will be transparent.

OpenGL has no way of loading an SDL_Surface as far as I know, and SDL has no way of natively generating an OpenGL texture. You have to do this yourself - therefore the method you talk about above only exists if you implement it by hand and is therefore totally independent of SDL.
well, dont you have to do everything by hand? [smile]
you guys gonna join or what?
Anybody else planning on joining? This is best place for you to give me feedback, and for you to find new info.
I've applied to join. My current project is using SDL, so I thought it might be useful to participate in your forum

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement