Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muerte

Glaux

Greetings, I''ve read through the first 4-5 tutorials on NeHe''s site and have come across a problem. I''m currently using the MingW gnu compiler for windoze, and the tutorials dont'' really specify which libraries to link with the code. So far i''ve figured out that glu32 and opengl32 are linked, but when using the Glaux.h file i get flooded with errors complaining about undefined references, etc. I tried "-lglaux", with which the linker is happy, although the compiled program gives me an error complaining about a missing "glaux.dll". Anyone know of a solution? This is relevant to me for the Texturing tutorials, as they mainly use Glaux for the texturing. An alternative response i''d appreciate would be ''how to go around using glaux'' as i hardly hear of the use of it anyway. *keep it real* -Brian

GLAUX is dead so you might as well avoid using it, the tutorials shouldn''t be using it. I have a few documents on textures, code and tutorials on my webpage that you could take a look at. I''m pretty sure you could download glaux.dll from www.opengl.org, might have to look around for it a bit. Not using GLAUX for textures is pretty easy, all you have to do is write your own texture loading code and then upload the texture to the video card. If you need info on different types of textures goto www.wotsit.org. I would recommend TGA, RAW or SGI''s RGB format, they are all pretty easy to parse.

Nate Miller
http://nate.scuzzy.net

Hey i''ve come across that webpage before... man, YOU''re the owner of that? Cool... well thanks for the advice, now i''ll try avoiding Glaux in the future. Why isn''t Glaux part of the standard libraries shipped with windows like the rest of OpenGL?
Thanks again,

*keep it real*
-Brian