Controlling speed of application

Started by
2 comments, last by ahigh 23 years, 6 months ago
I have some code that ensures that the speed of you application is a constant regardless of the framerate. I didn''t really look for a tutorial, so... If NeHe doesn''t already have one, I would be willing to clean it up and give some verbage about how this stuff works. Only problem is that my code uses an assembly routine that is only available on pentium chips, so it won''t work if you have a ''486... ;-) The nice thing is that you can use this timing routine as the basis for synchronizing your graphics with an mp3 file. This was a problem that I noticed with Rebirth. Depending on vsync, and other things it either ran way to fast or way too slow. It''s possible with some simple timing to ensure that certain events happen in sync with your music. And that''s cool... ;-) -- - Aaron
Hey! I''m trying!
Advertisement
Only works on Pentium chips?? Does that mean it won''t work on an Athlon? ACK! Oh well, I don''t have one, just dreaming, I suppose.

S.
Why dont you just use the timer functions supplied with windows? Like timeGetTime? Look at www.mr-gamemaker.com for an example of what I''m talking about - he has a great tutorial...
------------------------------*Large explosion consumes building, hero walks away unharmed* (wtf? why?) CUT
Thanks for the link http://www.mr-gamemaker.com/

That gave me all the information on how to do timers.

It would be great if this feature were present in more of the other demos.

Well, thanks for the pointer! It hit the spot!

--
- Aaron
Hey! I''m trying!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement