Sign in to follow this  
wazoo69

[.net] Any managed interfaces for OGG support?

wazoo69    157
I'd love to move my commercial projects into C#, however I'm unable to find any managed library that'll play my OGG audio files... Is there one available? (without resorting to a COM interop)? Or if OGG isn't available, is there a compressed audio format (besides MP3) that the AudioVideoPlayback managed interfaces can play? Thanks for any suggestions..

wazoo69    157
pjcast, I love you and want to have your babies. :)

Okay that's physically impossible, but a HUGE thanks nonetheless...I'm totally STOKED about working in C#, even if other indie companies haven't really made the plunge (that I know of)..

.NET market penetration is still VERY young, but maybe I can create some C# games slightly before the big wave of Longhorn and other XP users that download and install the .NET runtime.

It's just too bad it wasn't bundled with XP SP2..*sniff*

Anyways, ignore my ramblings, but thanks!

pjcast    311
:=/
lol

No problem, I happened to hear about that just last week or so when I was discussing Ogg Theora over ain #ogre3d IRC... I plan on hopefully dabbling in some managed c++ wrappers for an Ogg Theora video player written in unmanged c++.

Though, as I have not yet dabbled at all in c#/managed c++, I am still unaware of the major difficulties, but think it will be easier then trying to port Theora codec to c# as only a few interfaces will have to be wrapped for the plugin.