Sign in to follow this  
hothead

need some help with code

im trying to make program that lets you enter a word and delete word could someone help with my code but please don't give me the entire program
#include<iostream>
#include<vector>
#include<string>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    list<string> words;
    do 
    {
        cout<<"do you want to enter a word yes(1),no(2)";
        if words = 1;

cout<<"\nwhat word";
        int words insert();

Even though you didn't post all of your code, I already found a few errors. I highly suggest you go over if loops and checking conditionals. Also, stay away from do loops - they're horrible.

Quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:
Original post by Ekim_Gram
Also, stay away from do loops - they're horrible.
Uh, no. They exist to ensure that the loops runs at least once, regardless of conditional.

Why use a do...while loop when you can just use a simple while loop? The do and the rest of the {}'s just seem to be a waste of a few seconds of typing.

Quote:
Original post by Ekim_Gram
Why use a do...while loop when you can just use a simple while loop? The do and the rest of the {}'s just seem to be a waste of a few seconds of typing.

Because you use a do while loop when the body has to always be run at least once. It's more clear if you use a do while loop. If you were to simulate that with a regular while loop, you would either have to introduce an unecessary condition, seed a condition to be true when it might not logically make sense to do so, or duplicate code prior to the start of a while loop. A do while loop makes more sense than any of the alternatives when the loop must always run at least once.