Sign in to follow this  
flukus

How do you have your desktop setup?

For me one of linux greatest desktop strengths is the ability to customize the gui however you want and I was wondering how other people have theres setup. Mine is KDE with 2 taskbars, top and bottom. The bottom taskbar has application buttons, lancher, knewsticker, kweather (kind of useless), kget, juk, knotes and a dialup applet. The top bar is the actual taskbar with the pager and auto hide on. When I tried suse they had a really cool applet for dialup so connecting/dc was reduced to a single click on the applet, I wish that was in the stock standard kde. Lycoris also has a nice cd mounting applet, I wouldn't mind something like that for all removeable media. So what customizations have you made to your desktop?

I have a gnome 2.6.8 desktop with two panels. The one at the top of the screen consists of: menus, shortcuts to folders, a mail applet, a (very useful) weather applet, application launchers, clock, and volume control. The panel at the bottom of the screen consists of: a window list, system tray, and workspace switcher.

[Edited by - bytecoder on October 16, 2004 2:18:12 PM]

KDE with 5 task bars. 3 of them set to auto-hide and "appear when mouse touches * part of screen." As far as the auto-hide panels go, on the bottom left corner of my screen I have Kweather, bottom right I have Clock, top left I have ksim.

The other two panels can be seen here:

task switcher at the bottom, launchers at the top. Clock at top. Virtual desktops on bottom.

I think it might be the gnome default layout. I don't much care about it unless I think I need another launcher icon on the panel.

Sign in to follow this