Sign in to follow this  
NewbJ

[web] Server simulator?

NewbJ    226
I've started developing websites in HTML and PHP, and obviously I can easily preview all of my HTML stuff, but I'm wondering if there's a good offline PHP compiler/server simulator/something like that so I can test PHP pages and such without having to upload them to the actual server I'm using, which usually takes a lot of time. Thanks!

Spintwo    358
Um...a simulator?? Why don't you just set up a server on your own machine? It makes life so much easier. If you're wondering, you don't need to connect to the internet wiht your server setup(assuming you use Apache). Then with PHP put in, your good to go. If you need any more specifics, I'd be gald to help; but everything you need to know are in the install/help files of PHP and APACHE.

Michalson    1657
You could just install Apache and PHP on your own machine, and configure it to only accept local connections (or better yet have the port blocked at your firewall, so that only you can access it)

GotenRulezU    100
You can use an apache server without putting it online. I forget the button that I had on mine. But you click it and it will run your page as if it were held on the server and going onto the internet.
Good Luck,