[Help]Something wrong the SDK samples programme

Started by
2 comments, last by Teknofreek 19 years, 6 months ago
When I run the direct3d samples programme (in the dir "Samples/direct3d/bin"), all the programme will pop a messagebox which says that "Swithching to the reference rasterizer a software device taht implements the entire Direct3D feature set, but runs very slowly". It seems that my hardware DONOT surpport the HAL mode. But acually my display card DO surpport the HAL mode! And my own programme which used the HAL mode also can work. The DirectX caps Viewer also can detect the HAL mode! What's the problem?? I use Windows XP sp2 + VS .net 2002 + dx9 summer update(2004). my display card is GeForce4 MX 420 64M Thanks in advance:)
Advertisement
This message says that the sample(s) in question require functionality that's not supported by your graphics card, and thus they have to switch to the reference rasterizer. An example of such functionality would be, say, floating point render-targets.

em~ how can I detected the features which the samples used but my graphics card do not surpport?How can I turn them off?
There are CAPS(capability) query functions that you can call from Direct3D to figure out what your card supports or not. However, I think it's worth mentioning that the GeForce4-MX series is poorly named. It's capabilities are basically the same as a GeForce2. In other words, it doesn't support ANY shaders at all. Sorry :(

-John
- John

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement