hello

Started by
3 comments, last by NoWhereMan 19 years, 6 months ago
I didn't know if this was an appropriat place to put this, but it seemed most suited. I would like to say hello, this is my first post and I hope it won't be the last. I've been programming C++ for maybe 2 years, started learning a while before that, though. Anyone please feel free to AIM me at Dummies102 with any C++ questions, just mention you're from gamedev. I think I know almost all of the c++ syntax and some advanced data structures/practices (b-trees, recursion, linked list, most of the STL, etc). I'd be glad to help out any beginner but I'm affraid my knowledge is limited when it comes to advanced programming. I want to start posting here because I want to learn all there is to learn about C++ and am looking for projects to work on. Like I said, I know C++ but there is still a lot I have to learn. If anybody would like me to help on a project where I could learn a bunch please also AIM me. I guess I'm really looking for some type of mentorship from an advanced c++ programmer, but in return I can help out on stuff I know =). So give me an IM any time and thank you to the hosts of this forum!
Advertisement
Welcome to the site [smile] I'm sure if you read the site's resources and participate in the forums, you'll have opportunity to helping other people as well as learning a lot more yourself in the process.
Welcome! He, I wonder about how new faces keep coming here. This always reminds me that I once was on this site, too. This place is full of experienced people willing to help, so you'll have no problem with anything here. Enjoy!
Greetings, and welcome to GDnet.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I'm sure there will be many advanced C++ programmers willing to give you help and advice. Welcome to the GameDev community and enjoy this site, it's a valuable resource!
_______________________________________________________________________________________He's a real no where man, sitting in his no where land, making all his no where plans for nobody...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement