Prelude (Shmup Game Engine ) : Big update play the demo

Started by
6 comments, last by Ishraam 19 years, 6 months ago
Hello ! I came a few months ago talking about some Shoot 'em Up Game Engine, a Mugen-like-wannaba I am working on. Since I 've just updated everything on the site, I just wanted to let you know. The site : http://prelude.servegame.com screenshots sections : http://prelude.servegame.com/?page=SCREENSHOTS videos : http://prelude.servegame.com/?page=VIDEOS If you test the demo (cf. download section), feel free to report on Prelude's Forum anything on your testing experience ( pbm, impressions,...). Voilà ^_^! [Edited by - Ishraam on October 16, 2004 7:14:52 AM]
Advertisement
dude this si a fun game but the controls are really bad forst u dnt move up w left a down s and right d u move z up u move d right s down and q left turbo is not space i dont ow dude the controls are horrible
A standard key layout for doujin games I've seen so far was:

z-fire
x-bomb
arrows-move

Other than that, it's looking good. I'm really interested in knowing how you manage complex bullet patterns (for enemies).

I've had trouble extracting the demo (my rar application seems to have trouble dealing with it).

EDIT: what is it with all the French people suddenly entering the Shoot'em up genre? ;)
==>> pyrokid :
Sorry for the controls !
I was tired, so I forgot to modify them before releasing :p

The reason of such horrible controls is simple : since I am using a French mapped keyboard config, z is w, etc...
I also forgot to change the 2nd player's controls. So when you press P as the 1st Player (pause - START) it also take it into account for 2nd one. -_-.

I'll change the basic controls. You can also do it : >> ReadMe.txt

BUT if you have a joypad, really you should USE IT !
Believe me, it'll make a difference.

==>> ToohrVyk :
It's no big deal. I just handle the Weapon as an object in the code. Each ennemi has a specific weapon, which parameters are loaded at the beginning of the level from its own file.

Have a look at the SRC ( Arme.cpp /.h - arme (fr)= weapon (us))
^_^
ooo i tryied to change the controls but it wouldnt let me u press u and it turns purple but if u press anytother key it goes back to norm i dont know how to change the controls but this is a really fun game
ooo i tryied to change the controls but it wouldnt let me u press u and it turns purple but if u press anytother key it goes back to norm i dont know how to change the controls but this is a really fun game
At least my filenames are in english. And so is my code. Well, some comments are in French, though. And so is the loud profanity when I get a bug.
-_-
Guess I'll really have to spend some time to start from scratch thinking the whole menu thing. Well, I intended to do it anyway.

So next changes would be :
. adding network support
. re-coding the menu
. finishing everything else :p

Gwwwoo. Just thinking about the time I'd need to do everything (including some huge work on editors, and docs) gives me the creeps... °_°

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement