sdl tutorials

Started by
20 comments, last by prh99 17 years, 3 months ago
in you oppinion where is the best online one?
Advertisement
Cone 3D is the best in my opinion. All you need is to read up to lesson three, and use the SDL documentation manual to find whatever else you need help with.
<cough>
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
The best "documents" I have seen are actually the code examples in the SDL library package. They really beat Cone3D's "hey, let's OOP everthing" -examples. I'd like to see more detailed articles about the event handler - how it really works and how to use it correctly. Everything else in SDL is quite simple.
PnP's tutorials are just too simple. It's all in the SDL docs already.
Simple, as in understandable?
They are API tutorials, not game development tutorials. And yes, they are basicly rewrites of the provided documentation. I make no appology for it.

But, most people can't simply dive straight in to the documentation. I had to learn the basics from Cone3D.
Quote:Original post by PnP Bios
Simple, as in understandable?

Simple, as in simple:)
I have used SDL documentation mostly, but it doesn't cover some tricky situations in bigger programs using more than just simple "wait for keypress" -event loop.
I'm gonna have to throw my vote to PnP Bios. I've even ripped stuff out of his site for my tutorials (did I type that out loud?).

-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
Thanks, Aaron. and btw, you should use a font for your text that is mono spaced instead of truetype. Try Courier New.
Hey, it could be worse, I could use bold italics like Stroustrap.
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
There's always the ever-growing SDL Tutorials section at the game programming wiki! ;)

Ryan
--Visit the Game Programming Wiki!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement