Sign in to follow this  
McGrane

My Open Source Opengl Map Editor :D

works nicely! good job.
just found one bug, if you scroll through all the tiles, then you can't move the cursor anymore and are forced to press reset, you should just make it so when you get to the end to loop over to the first tile again.

Yea i didnt want too add that till i knew how many tiles id be using ... what you do is press 'Delete' i think, that rests the tile to the grass tile - which may be hard to see, so press the 'Shift' key and youll get a water tile ;)

And about the mouse, I didnt think there would have been much of a difference, but more work on myself (so lazy lol)
But i see what your saying i might add it in later ;)

Thanks for all the comments :D

#####################################
To all else:
#####################################
'Delete' Key To Reset back to 'Grass' Tile
-Press Shift to change it to 'Water' if you cant see it

;)

hey mcgrane,

it actually is very easy to use the mouse to place a tile. it will also make making maps faster and easier. it goes something like this:

-find out where the mouse is (should be a single function call, im not familar with the win32 API)

tile_x = (mouse_x + scroll_x_offset) / TILEWIDTH
tile_y = (mouse_y + scroll_y_offset) / TILEHEIGHT

map[tile_y][tile_x] = currently_selected_tile

something like this. however, to make it pixel perfect, it might be a little more work. you can check out the source to my old level editor (its only 2 files like yours) here. download the game and look in the source directory. the level editor is "leveledit.cpp/h". the exe to the editor is in the main program directory (its very similar to yours). maybe that can help... good luck!