[.net] overview of C# from C++ perspective

Started by
4 comments, last by Martaver 19 years, 6 months ago
can someone give me a overvieew of C# and from the C+= perspective, and it's differences.
| Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
Advertisement
First, read this. Basically C# is C++ but much better.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
I was recently looking for similar information. This won't make a great tutorial, but it goes over a lot of questions you might have about C# while skipping the basic programming concepts you already know from C++.

link
Moving this somewhere more appropriate.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

From msdn
Don't shoot! I'm with the science team.....
Quote:Original post by Tron3k
First, read this. Basically C# is C++ but much better.

'better' is a relative term. If you don't mind futzing around with the nitty gritty for 4x the time with C++ and struggling with badly implemented standards and compilers, then C++ will give you the edge in terms of control over your program. But then again, so did C for its time.

C#, in terms of productivity, operability and practicality is definately yards ahead of C++, however, and also shows significant potential to grow to a point where it can replace C++ entirely. Or if not, inspire a standard that will.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement