• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Distorted texture map

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Im trying to texture map an object with a jpeg image. The image loads correctly but when I display the object the image is distorted (i.e. displaying colors that are not part of the image) can someone tell me what is going wrong with this code??
bool CreateTexture(UINT* Array, const char* FileName, int ID)
{
	Fl_JPEG_Image* pJpegImage = NULL;

if(!FileName)
		return false;

string TextureName(FileName);  // create a string from the filename

// if the user has selected that they want to create a bolt then a bolt reference geometry has to be created
	if(TextureName.indexof(".JPG"))
	{
		pJpegImage = new Fl_JPEG_Image(FileName);
		if(pJpegImage->data() == NULL)
		{
			return false;	// the data for this image was bad
		}
	}

if(pJpegImage != NULL)
	{
		glGenTextures(1, &Array[ID]);
//		glPixelStorei (GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1);

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, Array[ID]);

gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 4, pJpegImage->w(), pJpegImage->h(), GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, pJpegImage->data());

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
		glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);
	}

pJpegImage->uncache();
	//	delete pJpegImage;
	//	pJpegImage = NULL;

return true;
}

Advertisement
gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 4, pJpegImage->w(), pJpegImage->h(), GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, pJpegImage->data());

I don't think this is right. JPGs only have RGB data = 3 components. Try something like:

gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, pJpegImage->w(), pJpegImage->h(), GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, pJpegImage->data());

Are you sure your jpeg has 4 color channels (rgba)? Jpeg doesnt support alpha, really, so I'd be surprised. Try changing your call to gluBuild2DMipmaps to use '3' and 'GL_RGB'... that or make sure your image library is converting it to RGBA on load.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement