Game company says it'll call me for an interview but doesn't -- what should I do?

Started by
20 comments, last by cbenoi1 19 years, 5 months ago
A few weeks ago I had a phone interview with a representative from a company, and he said that within a week I'd get a call from someone else for another interview. (He didn't say that I'd only get a call if they were interested; he said someone would definitely call back.) But as far as I know, they never called back. I e-mailed them about it, but I haven't heard anything. The company is in Florida so I'm sure it's been affected by the hurricanes, but there's no reason why those would make the company forget about me. It just seems unprofessional that they'd tell me something and then not do it. As far as I know, they wouldn't have given me the job, but I'd at least like to try for it. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do? [Edited by - Mysteryman on October 17, 2004 12:22:24 PM]
Advertisement
Give them a call.
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.Chinese Proverb
You had a PHONE interview?... curious... is it an established or new company?. If you think they wouldn't have given you the job anyway I'd look around elswehere meantime. Although it's unprofessional not to give you a call back, it does happen, and there could be many reasons for not getting back to you.
above comment from me btw..logged out during posting!
Quote:Original post by kooktroop
Give them a call.

I don't have their number, and can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: I found it. I guess I can try to call them tomorrow.

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
You had a PHONE interview?... curious... is it an established or new company?. If you think they wouldn't have given you the job anyway I'd look around elswehere meantime. Although it's unprofessional not to give you a call back, it does happen, and there could be many reasons for not getting back to you.

I guess it was really half of a phone interview, and the problem is that I never had the other half. But it is a well-established company. I assumed that I might not get the job since I've been turned down by other game companies, but like I said, I want to know. Being forgotten is worse than being turned down.
Any idea why you've been turned down by other companies?.
Quote:Original post by evelyn
Any idea why you've been turned down by other companies?.

I don't know, I guess they liked another candidate better. I just meant that there's always a chance of being turned down.
Must be your phone-manner, try to not do too many simpsons impressions and see how u go...
Even if its a phone interview, if you get turned down, show that you want to improve yourself, and ask for feedback that you can use to constructively improve your approach, manner and skills.

And in future, whether its for an interview, or you are in a job. Try to take notes of work related conversations. Even if its just date, time, who with and subject. It'll jog your memory, and its a good habit to be in when a customer or your project leader calls you up to discuss something. It means you are less likely to lose the information on a postit note, if your records are good they can becoem part of the project documentation, and its a good piece of ass covering material if the project goes wrong. You can prove youve done what you said, and when u said it.

Bp
I would definately try calling them about it. I know where I live, if you get told you will get a call from a company regarding a vacancy, 9 out of 10 times they expect you to call them. It shows that you have an interest in the company / vacancy. If they say you haven't got the position, ask them why and also ask them if they could keep you in mind if there are ever any similar vacancies as you have a genuine interest in their company (of course you probably want to actually have an interest in the position :) ). All employers like to know that their staff have an interest in what they do, so show them that you do.
Life is all about expression, so express yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement