Sign in to follow this  
SomePerson

Using classes as declarers

SomePerson    122
I made a class A51Color to hold color information. Now, I can use it as a declarer. Ex: A51Color myColor; This will create a variable myColor after A51Color. I later created a A51String class and A51Image class. When I try to used A51String as a declarer in the A51Image class it gives like 20 errors saying it is not a declarer. it is A51Image :: A51Image( int type, A51String file ); I have included it and everything possible i know. Does anyone know another reason why I cannot use A51String as a declarer name. It should work right? NOTE: I do not know if this is true but A51Color is very small in only the .h file but A51String is large and is in .h and .cpp files. Does that make a difference? Thank you

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Impossible to tell from the information you provided, but if I had to take a guess... Maybe you forgot the semicolon at the end of the class declaration, that can lead to some strange error messages sometimes. Your second question I'm not quite sure I understand at all.

SomePerson    122
Yes, I included it and it not that annoying semicolon thing. Here ill put in another way. I have:

// A51Image overloaded constructor
A51Image( int type, A51String file);

This should compile making a Constructor that gets a image type ( the int ) and get a filename, but it give me errors saying the class A51String is not a declarer. Though if i comment (// ... ) out that line the class compiles. I want to know if anyone know why the compiler will not allow my class to act as a declarer? I know it should.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Those are the top errors, right? Could be a typo somewhere nearby, before that line. Can't really say without the code in A51Image.h