Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glaux.lib for BC5

This topic is 6266 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, I tried this post in the API forum with no results, so I guess I''ll try it here . I''m trying to find a copy of glaux.lib for Borland C++ 5.0. Every copy of it I''ve seen is for Microsoft compilers, and they are incompatible... So, if someone can help me find one it''d be much appreciated. I know someone has go to use Borland and do OpenGL .
Null and Void
"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" --Homer Simpson

Ok, I went through the library files of another compiler I have and found a glaux.def file, which I can convert to a library (and did).

Now I just have to get it to accept the functions within it without giving me unresolved external errors. Yes, I did include the lib in the project...

Any ideas?

Null and Void

Come on ... I use BC5 and I dont see the problem... if you really need lib file I can mail it for you... anyway download opengl from ms page or any of the Nehe''s tutorials that use glaux.lib ( borland version ) and it should work... all libraries are there...

btw... try all the options that let you specify directories... maybe linker is unable to find them
yea yea I now it''s trivial but sometimes we make a bug and cannot find it cause it''s too obvious...

Pet

I know, this is pathetic, but it is really starting to get on my nerves, thanks for your reply Pet, but I still cannot get it to not have this error:

Error: Unresolved external ''auxDIBImageLoadA'' referenced from module texture.cpp

Every single time, no matter what I do, I''m ready to just go another compiler just to make this program work, Borland doesn''t seem to compile anything for me, Direct3D, OpenGL, anything! This is really ticking me off...

My compiler had always done what I wanted it to, but this is more annoying that anything I''ve come across, even more annoying than the _mm errors with Direct3D, that is the entire reason I went and learned OpenGL so I wouldn''t have them!

Not like anyone cares though...

My ide (project, opengl.ide) file looks like this if it helps any:
I:\bc5\lib\glaux.lib
I:\bc5\lib\glu32.lib
I:\bc5\lib\opengl32.lib
texture.cpp
common.cpp
main.cpp
render.cpp
opengl.rc

Why won''t it work? I''m half way insane at the moment, I''ve been trying to get this to work for many days now...

Null and Void

Maybe... he he , I said maybe, you have to copy *.h files of Ogl... stop cursing me now, let me finish ... I had ogl *.h file together with compiler but I had to copy the newer ones... check if they contain auxDIBImageLoad ...

and you''re right.. borland makes some problems, I ve been using is for,like, 6 years now... I''ve never been able to use dinput because of the damn uresolved external...
but I avoid using Microsoft compiler ( actually I don''t know why ) I always connected C and Borland ... so I stick to it !

hope you cope with the problem, but let me know !

Pet

Well, I haven''t been able to get anything to work. Luckily, though, I''m recieving C++ Builder 5 in a couple days, I''ll try it out with a newer version, and see if it works .

Sorry about this thread being so old and still responding for anyone reading it .

Null and Void

I you can afford builder why don''t you just buy a cheaper copy of MSVC++ (like the Introductory or Standard editions) and use tohse specifically for writing OpenGL?

Also, glaux is pretty obsolete and you should probably just use glut anyway.