Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fredric

Good tile engine Tutorials

Fredric    122
I''ve looked in the Articles section of this website, but the articles on Tile engines haven''t really helped me grasp a GOOD understand of programming a tile-based engine, so can any of you point me towards some good tutorials that teach tile-based engines? If you place an infinate amount of monkeys in a room with an infinate amount of type-writers, it is likely that within time, they will have typed up the entire workings of Shakespeare.

arwez    122
I just recently began learning about tile engines and I too looked at the gamedev articles and said this is all a bunch of crap. But this not too old article from gamedev really started me off:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1134.asp

I hope you won''t get pissed off that I gave u a link from gamedev cuz u said u looked at all of em, but there isn''t really any place on the web that''s good. After you look at that article just ask a million questions on the msg boards until u understand it, that''s what I did and am still doing Also if you have any questions I will continue helping you thru this post.