Sign in to follow this  
skiritis

Internet connection question

That will be an operating system dependant question (read: what OS are you using?) and has nothing to do with C/C++ in general terms.
In Windows you will need to dig into the Win32 API, maybe you will find the information on MSDN.

actually yes.
i am trying to get some hacking background for my resume.(:-p)

i am asking this question for winXP so yes i need some win32 code but i really can't seem to find info into the massive msdn lib.
It would be great I was given some tips.

I have already created a Keylogger with directinput( which means that not only it's not platform independent but also it's not api independent )

If anyone wants to have a look I can send a zipped file with source and executable.

I AM TRYING THESE THINGS FOR FUN... just to know.

You could always try something simple like pinging Google.

For finding out where someone's browsing, that would be harder. One way would to write a fake network driver that would be basically a wrapper for the real driver, but watch what the user sends when they open a connection to a computer on port 80. If they were to send something like:

GET /some/file.html HTTP/1.1
HOST: www.example.com

You would know they were visiting www.example.com/some/file.html

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you want to get at what page the browser is displaying, if the target user is using IE then I'd imagine the easiest way to get this is to exploit the IWebBrowser2 interface under COM. This interface can allow you to do many things with IE, some for good purposes, yet many can be used for devious purposes as well.

=Nervo