SDL wont work

Started by
12 comments, last by Ryan Clark 19 years, 6 months ago
im working under mandrake 10.0 under kdevelop. my code will compile but for some reason tha is unknown to me it SDL_LoadBMP just wont work. heres my code: /* Simple blitting with SDL */ #include <SDL/SDL.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main() { SDL_Surface *screen; SDL_Surface *image; SDL_Rect src, dest; /* Initialise and check for errors */ if (SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) != 0) { printf("Could not initialise SDL: %s\n", SDL_GetError()); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } /* Ensure SDL_Quit is called when the program ends */ atexit(SDL_Quit); /* Attempt to set a 1024 x 768 32 bit video mode. */ screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(1024, 768, 32, 0); if (screen == NULL) { printf("Could not set video mode: %s\n", SDL_GetError()); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } /* Load the bitmap file. */ puts("got to image load"); image = SDL_LoadBMP("camp.bmp"); if (image == NULL) { printf("Unable to load bitmap\n"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } /* Setting the Rect's */ src.x = 0; src.y = 0; src.w = image->w; // copy the entire image src.h = image->h; dest.x = 0; dest.y = 0; dest.w = image->w; dest.h = image->h; /* Blit the bitmap to the screen. */ SDL_BlitSurface(image, &src, screen, &dest); /* Ask SDL to update the entire screen */ SDL_UpdateRect(screen, 0, 0, 0, 0); /* Pause for a bit */ SDL_Delay(3000); /* Free memory */ SDL_FreeSurface(image); } it also gives mt the following error - Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0" Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0" any help ?
Advertisement
up
Well, your missing return 0; at the end of int main, and I don't see any declaration of LoadBMP.
What do you mean by "it won't work"?
If yout program doesn't start, you could try to replace this line:
screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(1024, 768, 32, 0);
with this one:
screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(1024, 768, 0, 0);
what i mean by it dosen't work is that it dosent diplay the picture.

for output it write's :
got to image load
unable to load bitmap

which means that everything's good but the LoadBMP function.
ive tried everything you told me and it still wont work.
please help.
try:
screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(640, 480, 0, SDL_ANYFORMAT);
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
What does SDL_GetError() tell you?
[teamonkey] [blog] [tinyminions]
Quote:Original post by teamonkey
What does SDL_GetError() tell you?

Behold the power of google/cheese
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
SDL_GetERROR gives the following:

Couldn't load : Couldn't open bunny.bmp

even though it's in the same directory with the .c code file.

more help ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement