Sign in to follow this  
MetaKnight

DirectX Font Resolution

Ive noticed that DirectX Font size goes by it's own resolution, probaly points. The problem is I want my GUI(with fonts) to stay the same size no matter what the current screen resolution is. Right now I am thinking of just rendering all fonts to another render target with constant resolution and just using that, but is there any way to make sure the DirectX Font can have constant relitive size? For example if I made a menu at 1280,1024 and someone playing at a smaller resolution with widesceen used it 724,500, then the font would look a differnt size and change the whole way it looked. Any ides? Or should I just make my own font system?

Fonts are supposed to be resolution independant. A size 20 font would look the same in a 1024x768 and a 640x480 screen window. You probably have inconsistencies between your window size and your back buffer size, that's why you are noticing size changes with the fonts.

Ohh I see, but the way I have it is that my windows are the same size. The windows are all made of quads. So are you saying that if if plan to go with using DX FONT I should probaly make whole GUI aujust based on the width/height?