• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Silly_con

Misc questions

This topic is 4996 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

1. How to solve this in msvc6 ? #include <iostream> std::vector<int> v; tests.cpp(43) : error C2039: 'vector' : is not a member of 'std' 2. How to call to the constructor of a base class from the constructor of a inherent class ? and how to call to the constructor of a class, from the copy constructor of the same class ? 3. Is still useful the use of malloc/free in C++ ? or its "good-way" only use new/delete? 4. There is a way in msvc6 or 2003 to automatize the creation of a new file with some code? I mean: when you create a .h file, of name Texture.h, automatically, it creates the base code: #ifndef _TEXTURE_H_ #define _TEXTURE_H_ class Texture { private: public: Texture(); ~Texture(); }; #endif and when you create Texture.cpp, it creates: #include <Texture.h> Texture::Texture() { } ... thnx (I believe that I will go on)

Advertisement
1. #include <vector>

3. You can still use malloc/free, but new/delete are considered "better" for some uses. Here's the FAQ entry for it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
@2
class A{ A(const std::string& n) : name(n) {}; std::string name};
class B{ B(const std::string& n) : A(n) {}};

Quote:
Original post by Silly_con
4. There is a way in msvc6 or 2003 to automatize the creation of a new file with some code? I mean: when you create a .h file, of name Texture.h, automatically, it creates the base code:

To some extent you can.

You can supply a template file to VS 6 that it will copy to your new file, and/or you can write a macro to do it.

I use VS .NET, and the file goes in Vc7\vcprojectitems and has to be named correctly. I don't remember exactly where you put the template file in VS 6.

Here is the macro I use. I create an empty file and name it, and then run this macro on it:

''' Adds a generic file header based on file type
'''
Sub AddFileHeader()

Dim ext As String
Dim fileIsIncluded As Boolean
Dim symbol As String

Dim ext_pos As Integer = InStr(DTE.ActiveDocument.Name, ".")
If ext_pos = 0 Then
ext = ""
Else
ext = Mid(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos)
End If

fileIsIncluded = False

If ext = ".h" Then
symbol = UCase(Left(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos - 1)) + "_H_INCLUDED"
fileIsIncluded = True
ElseIf ext = ".inl" Then
symbol = UCase(Left(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos - 1)) + "_INL_INCLUDED"
fileIsIncluded = True
End If

Dim sel As TextSelection = DTE.ActiveDocument.Selection
sel.StartOfDocument()
Dim point As EditPoint = sel.TopPoint.CreateEditPoint()

DTE.UndoContext.Open("Add File Header")
Try
Dim blank_line As String = " "
Dim blank_len As Integer = Len(blank_line)
Dim name_len As Integer = Len(DTE.ActiveDocument.Name)
Dim left_len As Integer = Int((blank_len - name_len) / 2)
Dim name_line As String = Left(blank_line, left_len) + DTE.ActiveDocument.Name

point.Insert( _
"/** @file *//********************************************************************************************************" + vbLf + _
vbLf + _
name_line + vbLf + _
vbLf + _
" Copyright 2004, Your Name Here" + vbLf + _
" --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------" + vbLf + _
vbLf + _
" $Header: $" + vbLf + _
vbLf + _
" $NoKeywords: $" + vbLf + _
vbLf + _
" ********************************************************************************************************************/" + vbLf + _
vbLf)

If fileIsIncluded Then
point.Insert( _
"#pragma once" + vbLf + _
vbLf + _
vbLf)
End If

If Not ext = ".h" Then
point.Insert( _
"#include """ + Left(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos - 1) + ".h""" + vbLf + _
vbLf + _
vbLf)
End If
Finally
'If an error occured, then need to make sure that the undo context is cleaned up.
'Otherwise, the editor can be left in a perpetual undo context
DTE.UndoContext.Close()
End Try

End Sub

thanks very much for help and links ! especially the vb macro,I have changed it and now works very well for me (and I have learned a bit vb :) )

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!