Misc questions

Started by
3 comments, last by Silly_con 19 years, 6 months ago
1. How to solve this in msvc6 ? #include <iostream> std::vector<int> v; tests.cpp(43) : error C2039: 'vector' : is not a member of 'std' 2. How to call to the constructor of a base class from the constructor of a inherent class ? and how to call to the constructor of a class, from the copy constructor of the same class ? 3. Is still useful the use of malloc/free in C++ ? or its "good-way" only use new/delete? 4. There is a way in msvc6 or 2003 to automatize the creation of a new file with some code? I mean: when you create a .h file, of name Texture.h, automatically, it creates the base code: #ifndef _TEXTURE_H_ #define _TEXTURE_H_ class Texture { private: public: Texture(); ~Texture(); }; #endif and when you create Texture.cpp, it creates: #include <Texture.h> Texture::Texture() { } ... thnx (I believe that I will go on)
Advertisement
1. #include <vector>

3. You can still use malloc/free, but new/delete are considered "better" for some uses. Here's the FAQ entry for it.
@2
class A{ A(const std::string& n) : name(n) {}; std::string name};
class B{ B(const std::string& n) : A(n) {}};

Quote:Original post by Silly_con
4. There is a way in msvc6 or 2003 to automatize the creation of a new file with some code? I mean: when you create a .h file, of name Texture.h, automatically, it creates the base code:

To some extent you can.

You can supply a template file to VS 6 that it will copy to your new file, and/or you can write a macro to do it.

I use VS .NET, and the file goes in Vc7\vcprojectitems and has to be named correctly. I don't remember exactly where you put the template file in VS 6.

Here is the macro I use. I create an empty file and name it, and then run this macro on it:

''' Adds a generic file header based on file type    '''    Sub AddFileHeader()        Dim ext As String        Dim fileIsIncluded As Boolean        Dim symbol As String        Dim ext_pos As Integer = InStr(DTE.ActiveDocument.Name, ".")        If ext_pos = 0 Then            ext = ""        Else            ext = Mid(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos)        End If        fileIsIncluded = False        If ext = ".h" Then            symbol = UCase(Left(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos - 1)) + "_H_INCLUDED"            fileIsIncluded = True        ElseIf ext = ".inl" Then            symbol = UCase(Left(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos - 1)) + "_INL_INCLUDED"            fileIsIncluded = True        End If        Dim sel As TextSelection = DTE.ActiveDocument.Selection        sel.StartOfDocument()        Dim point As EditPoint = sel.TopPoint.CreateEditPoint()        DTE.UndoContext.Open("Add File Header")        Try            Dim blank_line As String = "                                                                                                                      "            Dim blank_len As Integer = Len(blank_line)            Dim name_len As Integer = Len(DTE.ActiveDocument.Name)            Dim left_len As Integer = Int((blank_len - name_len) / 2)            Dim name_line As String = Left(blank_line, left_len) + DTE.ActiveDocument.Name            point.Insert( _                "/** @file *//********************************************************************************************************" + vbLf + _                vbLf + _                name_line + vbLf + _                vbLf + _                "						                    Copyright 2004, Your Name Here" + vbLf + _                "	--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------" + vbLf + _                vbLf + _                "	$Header: $" + vbLf + _                vbLf + _                "	$NoKeywords: $" + vbLf + _                vbLf + _                " ********************************************************************************************************************/" + vbLf + _                vbLf)            If fileIsIncluded Then                point.Insert( _                    "#pragma once" + vbLf + _                    vbLf + _                    vbLf)            End If            If Not ext = ".h" Then                point.Insert( _                    "#include """ + Left(ActiveDocument.Name, ext_pos - 1) + ".h""" + vbLf + _                    vbLf + _                    vbLf)            End If        Finally            'If an error occured, then need to make sure that the undo context is cleaned up.            'Otherwise, the editor can be left in a perpetual undo context            DTE.UndoContext.Close()        End Try    End Sub

John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
thanks very much for help and links ! especially the vb macro,I have changed it and now works very well for me (and I have learned a bit vb :) )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement