Invalid Mesh?

Started by
4 comments, last by DarkZoulz 19 years, 6 months ago
ConvertToBlendedMesh() returns INVALID_MESH. But i've tried loading diffrent meshes and not all fail. Could it have something to do with the amount of frames in the skinned mesh? This particular one that fails have quite alot of frames.
Advertisement
Try linking with d3dx9d.lib rather than d3dx9.lib.

d3dx9d.lib is the *debug* version of D3DX which will tell you more about *why* ConvertToBlendedMesh() returned an error. It will tell you in the debugger's "output" window when you run your app in the debugger.

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Ah, thanks! It says: 'D3DX: ConvertAdjacencyToPointReps: Possible bad adjacency loop found cannot continue.'

So I guess it has something to do with adjacency.
um...i've checked my code. I can't see anything that might be wrong regarding adjacency... the buffer is filled correctly. The funny thing is that almost all meshes except this one (exported from maya 6 to X) works!
Quote:Original post by DarkZoulz
um...i've checked my code. I can't see anything that might be wrong regarding adjacency... the buffer is filled correctly. The funny thing is that almost all meshes except this one (exported from maya 6 to X) works!

That probably just means that it's corrupted, or it's outdated. Where did you get it from?
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
It was exported from maya 6 using microsoft's own X exporter plug-in... But I checked it with D3DXValidMesh() and it returned some strange messages about duplicate triangles.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement