Nebula Device 1 - rpg project...

Started by
7 comments, last by intoxicate 19 years, 6 months ago
Hello. It is possible to make cRPG game title with the Nebula Device (i mean Nebula 1) ? What kind off stuff must i develop and witch Packages use. Thanks for some info about that. And maybe someone knew which kind of stuff must i code to make cRPG with Nebula2? realy sorry for my eng.. i cant write :P Greets.
sorry for englishwww.burzuazja-rpg.prv.pl
Advertisement
Moved to 'For Beginners'.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
you should probably post this to nebula's mailing list...and they're going to tell you to use nebula2. What packages you use depends on what features you want in your game.

If you're a beginner though, I really wouldn't recommend nebula (original or nebula2)...the docs aren't very helpful to people trying to use the engine, there are no good examples of how to get started (there are some fairly complicated examples though), no one in the dev team or on the mailing list really wants to help people, and you're really just stuck figuring it all out on your own.

Note to the mod...shouldn't this be in the 'alternate libraries' thread? All the other engine crap goes there...
my english is crappy as well... but... ITS A WITCH!!1! BURN IT!!!
scnr :P
gotta go to university
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson
can you tell me what engine will be great for RPG game product ?
(i mean render system, animation system, particle system, etc)
If you want to make a RPG, probably your best option is the Torque Engine (www.garagegames.com). It has an awesome terrain and multiplayer support, and has many of the things you need already coded in.

I personally don't like to work with Torque, I prefer the design of the Cipher Engine (www.cipherengine.com), my favourite engine. It is based on the Quake engines phylosophy, and with a medium/average knowledge of C, you can modify it to suit your needs. The code is extremely clean, structured and commented.

Both engines cost $100.
hmn...
Maybe Nebula2 will have ODE, Cal3D, Collision System... (and ofcourse better documentation)
i will try with N2.
I don't wanna take any credit away from the Nebula Device (its a great engine) but definetly not for beginners. The only place Radon Labs missed out were on the documentation part - they have C++ docs but nothing to get you off the ground. If you are well versed with different engines 1) Ogre+Ode+Fmod+RakNet, 2)Other open source engines, then it might work out with TND.

I agree with Jedive there, for $100 Torque is a steal ;)

but i want to use N2 - and i think that will be some great doc and tutorials...

you mean Torque Game Engine ?

Can someone give me Features of torque ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement