Human Female Models...

Started by
16 comments, last by C-Junkie 19 years, 5 months ago
Hey all, We're having a tough time deciding which model shows more promise, and should therefore be worked on, between these two. One of them is anatomically correct, and the other is stylized. It's a bit of a heated debate so if you could help us sort this out that'd be neat. Here's the first set: And this is the second set: [edit] Which female human set do you think could turn out to be the better model once it is textured and clothed? This is the original post on our forums if you want to take a look: http://www.unseenstudios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1635 [/edit]
Advertisement
The second one for SURE!

td
Yeah, absolutely the idealized second one is better-looking than the realistic first one.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

The second one, perhaps with a little more on the thighs.. for, uh, more curvyness (as if you need it :oP)

The legs just look a bit tube-like. But hey what do I know, Im not a modeller.
the rug - funpowered.com
Dunno, I like the first one... Depends on the game style though. As you said, the second is more stylized. So I'd say it depends on whether the rest of the graphics are stylized or realistic as well... But if I just had to pick one, I'd say the first one
Yeah it would probably help to know the style. This is meant for a role-playing game, so think of this as your standard adventurer off for a quest in the woods.
posting as the designer of said role-playing game:

Fantasy RPG, like so many out there (ignoring all the things I'm doing to design to make it better), with a big focus on player interaction and an atmosphere that conveys that the game is a game of people, not a game of hit points and levels.

I, of course, have my own opinions, but I'll leave them out of this. This is really a question of style that'll affect the whole game, and we just want to get some instant feedback on what a larger audience thinks: either way will work just fine, and we're checking to make sure that personal preference doesn't overturn making a good game.
Wizard's First Rule: People are Stupid.
The first one looks more realistic except the arms are too short. On the second model, the legs seem almost freakishly long.
you seem to have some topology issues with the first one, some wireframe views would be cool..
I also think the second one looks better, the surface looks smoother, with far less cracks and discontinuities, but this comes probably from the topology that doesn't seem to be the same between the two.
if you have to choose between two character setups/topologies, I'd go for the second one, even if the shape has to be changed to make it less stylized (depends on the kind of game as someone else said...)
I have no comments on the 'realistic' model, there are women with pretty much any body shape.

The stylized model IMHO could use some small changes.

*Add a little bicep curve, enough to signal where the elbow is, but small enough not to look like those fitness competitors. =)
*Add those sholder holes skinny women usually have(don't know the english name for them)
*Lower the waist line and make the transition from sholder width to waist width smoother, maybe showing some ribs.
*Curvier and slitly wider hips
*Wider thighs so that the thinner knee joint is noticeble, also widen bellow the knee.
*Make the transition from tricep to elbow a bit more rectangular, with the curve of the tricep more near to the sholder then elbow.
*In the lower leg, the bone is too inclined back, the twin muscles make that back curve, wich makes it look like it's inclined, but the bone in front of it, is straight.
*The butt higher curve is almost at the boob level, it's above the belly button level, should be bellow.

I'm no modeler so fell free to ignore my sugestions ^_^

Btw you might find this page interesting
http://www.this-wonderful-life.com/gallery.htm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement