Sign in to follow this  
JDev

[java] Weird gluLookAt error? JOGL

JDev    100
Hello, I have jogl installed and have run all of the sample programs just fine, but when I run my program it gives me this error. net.java.games.jogl.GLException: Method "gluLookAt" not available at net.java.games.jogl.impl.GLUImpl.gluLookAt(GLUImpl.java:874) at Renderer.display(Renderer.java:176) at Renderer.run(Renderer.java:43) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Does anybody know what this means, or what part of my program I should be looking at? thanks, JDev

Strife    374
I wouldn't think that would be the problem since the program compiles. Could you post some of the relevant code section to give us some idea of what's going on?

Matei    190
Did you cast a GL to a GLU by mistake? What you should do is pass the GLDrawable around and call GLDrawable.getGLU() to get the GLU object. It's not enough to pass the GL object around.

GKW    200
I think this is a known but hard to reproduce problem. If you go to these forums do a search for gluLookAt. Hopefully we will have GLU ported to Java at some point so we don't have to link to an external library.