Sign in to follow this  
raptorstrike

whats going on?

ok im totally new to OGL and i know that i added an extra triagle in a matrix with an offset value of 1,0,1 and that im rotating it around but i dont know why the entire tryangle is moving around am i accidently rotating the martix as well? as you can guess this isnt a problem but i would like to know what is going on just for future refrence. heres the code
void RenderScene() 
{
    int i=0;    

glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);    // Clear The Screen And The Depth Buffer
    glLoadIdentity();                                      // Reset The matrix

//       Position      View       Up Vector
    gluLookAt(0, 0, 6,     0, 0, 0,     0, 1, 0);          // This determines where the camera's position and view is

/////// * /////////// * /////////// * NEW * /////// * /////////// * /////////// *

// Here we create a static variable that will count forever.  This is used for the rotation degree
    static float rotY = 0;

// Pass in our current rotation value to glRotatef() for rotation around the Y axis (0, 1, 0)
    glRotatef(rotY, 0, 1, 0);

// Increase the rotation by 2 degrees
    rotY += 2;

/////// * /////////// * /////////// * NEW * /////// * /////////// * /////////// *

// Below we say that we want to draw triangles
    glBegin (GL_TRIANGLES);                                // This is our BEGIN to draw

glColor3ub(255, 0, 0);                             // Make the top vertex RED
        glVertex3f(0, 1, 0);                               // Here is the top point of the triangle

glColor3ub(0, 255, 0);                             // Make the left vertex GREEN
        glVertex3f(-1, 0, 0);                              // Here is the left point of the triangle

glColor3ub(0, 0, 255);                             // Make the right vertex BLUE
        glVertex3f(1, 0, 0);                               // Here is the right point of the triangle
    glEnd();                                               // This is the END of drawing

glPushMatrix();//i edited this whole block

glTranslatef(1,0,1);
    glRotatef(rotY, 0, 1, 0);
    glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES);

glColor3ub(255,255,255);
    glVertex3f(0,1,0);
    glColor3ub(0,0,0);
    glVertex3f(-1,0,0);
    glColor3ub(125,127,127);
    glVertex3f(1,0,0);
    glPopMatrix();
    glEnd();  //<----------------until here

SDL_GL_SwapBuffers();                                  // Swap the backbuffers to the foreground

// Call our new function to count and calculate the frames for each second.
    // This needs to be called every time the screen renders so we get a correct frame rate.
    // Because of its static variables inside, we don't need any globals or outside variables.
    CalculateFrameRate();

}

every thing done prior to this block wasnt done by me im just editing a tutorial for educational perposes ps the tutorial im using is the FPS tutorial on game tutorials .com

try this out ...

void RenderScene() {
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
glLoadIdentity();
static float yRot = 0;
glRotatef(yRot, 0, 1, 0);
yRot += 2;
glBegin (GL_TRIANGLES);
glColor3ub(255, 0, 0); glVertex3f(0, 1, 0);
glColor3ub(0, 255, 0); glVertex3f(-1, 0, 0);
glColor3ub(0, 0, 255); glVertex3f(1, 0, 0);
glEnd();