Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucky_P

.X Files in DelphiX

Hello, I''m new to Borland Delphi and I have a project assignment to make a 3D Game using Delphi 5. Can anyone give me information about how to use DelphiX for displaying scene or character object made with 3D Studio Max(.3DS) in Delphi? I have tried to convert the files into .x files, but still don''t know how to use it in Delphi? I also have searched some articles on the net about DelphiX, But there are no information about using 3D with DelphiX. Does anyone have any information about it or would like to share their knowledge on using DelphiX with 3D? Regards, Luke lucky@telkom.net

While I do not use DelphiX, I recently converted d3dfile from the DirectX 7 SDK to Delphi so I can load .X objects into my Delphi game engine. Was not an easy task, but the hard part is over now. Just after I completed the conversion, an update was released to the Delphi DirectX headers (http://www.delphi-jedi.org) which apparently include d3dx. This may include the functions for reading .X files, though you will have to check to find out for sure.

Steve 'Sly' Williams
Tools Developer
Krome Studios