Sign in to follow this  
hombre08107

Strange Error

Compiling... display_window_win32.cpp C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\My Documents\gamedev\ClanLib-0.7.8-1\ClanLib-0.7\Sources\Display\Win32\display_window_win32.h(38) : fatal error C1189: #error : Found DirectX headers older than 8.0. Please download a newer directx, and make sure its F IRST in the include path and library path (Tools->Options->Directories in MSVC). input_device_directinput.cpp C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\My Documents\gamedev\ClanLib-0.7.8-1\ClanLib-0.7\Sources\Display\Win32\display_window_win32.h(38) : fatal error C1189: #error : Found DirectX headers older than 8.0. Please download a newer directx, and make sure its F IRST in the include path and library path (Tools->Options->Directories in MSVC). input_device_win32keyboard.cpp C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\My Documents\gamedev\ClanLib-0.7.8-1\ClanLib-0.7\Sources\Display\Win32\display_window_win32.h(38) : fatal error C1189: #error : Found DirectX headers older than 8.0. Please download a newer directx, and make sure its F IRST in the include path and library path (Tools->Options->Directories in MSVC). input_device_win32mouse.cpp C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\My Documents\gamedev\ClanLib-0.7.8-1\ClanLib-0.7\Sources\Display\Win32\display_window_win32.h(38) : fatal error C1189: #error : Found DirectX headers older than 8.0. Please download a newer directx, and make sure its F IRST in the include path and library path (Tools->Options->Directories in MSVC). Generating Code... Error executing cl.exe. clanDisplayd.lib - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s) I've gone to microsoft to download DirectX 9.0 but I'm not getting a header file to link to. I don't know what I'm doing. Any ideas?

Quote:
Original post by hombre08107
I don't know what I'm doing.
Heh, obviously. [smile]

The error is complaining about the order in which your include directories are specified in your project settings. You have to ensure that the directory for your newer DirectX SDK is higher than the original.