Sign in to follow this  
Calefaction

Strange lighting problem...

Calefaction    174
I am working on getting try dynamic lighting rigged up in our engine, and I am getting a wierd issue. I thought I had covered all the basis (proper light model settings, proper GL_LIGHT0 settings, GL_LIGHTING and GL_LIGHT0 are enabled, proper material settings, normals are being passed), but I guess I haven't. The wierdest part is, anything drawn during the alpha blending step of a render pass (i.e. those objects drawn with alpha blending enabled) draw correctly. To see the problem, look at the screenshot here: http://www.wildfiregames.com/~matthew/lightprob.jpg Anyone have any idea what causes this?

James Trotter    432
This is just a shot in the dark, but perhaps your lights aren't set up properly, and when you disable lighting to render the alpha-blended objects, it would appear as normal...

Double-check your lighting settings, make sure the normals are unit-normals, and that they're facing the right way.

SimmerD    1210
Perhaps your normals are flipped. One way to test this out would be to invert the light vector ( assuming a directional light )...