Recent Rigid Body Papers/Publishings

Started by
5 comments, last by bpj1138 19 years, 6 months ago
I was wondering if anyone is aware of any important books or papers on the topic of rigid body dynamics simulations, other than the ones listed below. I listed the most educational that I have found, but some of them are relatively dated (especially Baraff, did he ever revisit his rigid body works?) -All Baraf Papers -"Nonconvex Rigid Bodies with Stacking", Guendelman, Bridson, Fedkiw -Chris Hecker's D6 papers -"Game Physics" by Eberly (textbook) Thanks!
Advertisement
Oh, I should add the papers by Mirtich to my list. He uses an impulse based system rather than the LCP contact based system.
- Physics modelling for games by David Conger
<-Sweenie->
Jakobsen's article from Game Developer Magazine:

Advanced Character Physics
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
I bought the book "Physics Modeling for game programmers" by David Conger and it is a load of rubbish.

It is littered with typo's and inaccurate statments and the code he produces doesn't actually work properly.

He can't manage to get simple point particle collisions correct let alone rigid body dynamics.
I bought it too and I don't think it's that bad.
Ok, the examplecode may be a but flawed(pretty bad actually), but the theory is ok and it has helped me a great deal with my physics-simulation.

<-Sweenie->
If you're looking to learn by reading code, I suggest buying my Verlet Well engine. It's based on Jakobsen's article.

http://www.geocities.com/bpj1138/VerletWell.html

It's still only 776 lines of code.

--Bart

--bart

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement