[web] mp3 skips while loading

Started by
4 comments, last by chadmv 19 years, 6 months ago
I have some music playing at my warcraft guild site: Praetorian Guards I notice that if the music is on autoplay, it will skip after the first second, no matter what track is playing. However, if autoplay is disabled, and then you play the music, it plays without skipping. The files are only about 100k each and this happens both in IE and Firefox from computers in different locations. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
I would recommend not having music play through webpages. Many people (including myself) dislike it as I usually am already listening to music. Maybe having an option to pop-up a media player would be good. You could then give people the option to listen to different songs.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
A lot of the members requested it, so I put it in. Members have the option to turn it off. Any idea why it skips?
Generally, I'm inclined to agree with Rob on the music issue - however I think you really pulled it off with this. The music is subtle and compliments the site well, well done. That said, I'm unable to reproduce your problem - it plays fine here on my 300k cable connection in Firefox.
Again, not a fan of music on websites, but I have to agree with evolutional on this one. Very good job of it.

I get a little skip on my 512k DSL connection I do get a little skip, but its when the flash is finishing loading... It would run smoother if you incorporated the track into the animation. At only 100K there should be little to no difference, and it would remove your skipping problem.
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Ok, thanks for the help! I'll talk with our flash guy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement