Sign in to follow this  

[win32] How do i control more than one DialogBox?

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have read and implemented a tutorail about dialog boxes. This tutorial showed how to create and manage only one dialog box. Now I understand that i control my dialog box via this func:
BOOL CALLBACK DialogProc(HWND hwnd, UINT message, WPARAM wparam, LPARAM lparam);

and when i want to call for my dialog box i just use this func with the dialog box i designed ( IDD_D2 )
CreateDialog(hinstance,MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_D2),hwnd,(DLGPROC)DialogProc);

My question: If i control all the messages and events for my IDD_D2 dialog box at DialogProc, where should I to control additional message box? The messages handled at DialogProc are fitted to serve IDD_D2 dialog box, where should i implement the message handleing for my other message box?

Hi,
I hope I understood you question right:
for your second dialog box you write another dialog proc
and call CreateDialog with that one.

-- constantin

Ohhh, I thought that the BOOL CALLBACK DialogProc(HWND hwnd, UINT message, WPARAM wparam, LPARAM lparam); func is a built in, and i that i cant change it :) well i just changed the name of this func and it worked :)

OKAY this means that i can call my dialog func as i wish, but i must to stick with the same parameter list righ? because the argument for CreateDialog is a pointer to a spesific type of func?

Yes it's the signature

INT_PTR CALLBACK DialogProc(HWND hwndDlg,
UINT uMsg,
WPARAM wParam,
LPARAM lParam
);

that must fit.
You can read more about it at
MSDN.

-- constantin

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.