• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sasha

SpaceBlast

This topic is 4994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Take a look at my new demo SpaceBlast, just another space shooter, but with 3D models link to file: http://www.gimnazijass.users.cg.yu/SpaceBlast.zip site: http://www.directxman.users.cg.yu

Advertisement
My 2 cents:

Nice, except for a few minor things:

-The clickable hotspots for your GUI buttons are about 20 pixels above where they should be, meaning only the top half of the word is clickable.

-Your A/Z button configuration could not be guessed (without pressing the whole keyboard) so I had to go to "Options" to find them out. I know, I'm lazy :P Maybe it's just that I don't play a lot of space shooters and maybe this configuration is quite common?

-Your "About" screen plays Eminem/D12's "My band". Ditch it. For a start, it's very jerky and unlisteneable, as well as meaning you're infringing on copyrights, as well as being a shitty song.

- Escape toggles the HUD. Escape should be used (as standard convention) to pause/end the game.

What I liked:

- The 3D models are purdy
- Sound effects
- Big resolution, may not go down too well with all cards but its refreshing to have a larger area to work with
- Good fun in general

All in all, good job. Only very minor negative points.

pretty good.
Quote:
Your "About" screen plays Eminem/D12's "My band".

the concept was solid (about screen + music), since most games do that, but i do agree the choice of music was slightly off.
Quote:
- The 3D models are purdy
- Sound effects
- Big resolution, may not go down too well with all cards but its refreshing to have a larger area to work with
- Good fun in general

seconded. the asteroids and the rotating space station were quality. the menu was refreshing - not the standard batch of key-only buttons.

minor side-note : i also downloaded the "brutal machine demo" and found it to be a good time as well.

cheers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!