Sign in to follow this  
Sasha

SpaceBlast

Sasha    126
Hi, Take a look at my new demo SpaceBlast, just another space shooter, but with 3D models link to file: http://www.gimnazijass.users.cg.yu/SpaceBlast.zip site: http://www.directxman.users.cg.yu

red_sodium    216
My 2 cents:

Nice, except for a few minor things:

-The clickable hotspots for your GUI buttons are about 20 pixels above where they should be, meaning only the top half of the word is clickable.

-Your A/Z button configuration could not be guessed (without pressing the whole keyboard) so I had to go to "Options" to find them out. I know, I'm lazy :P Maybe it's just that I don't play a lot of space shooters and maybe this configuration is quite common?

-Your "About" screen plays Eminem/D12's "My band". Ditch it. For a start, it's very jerky and unlisteneable, as well as meaning you're infringing on copyrights, as well as being a shitty song.

- Escape toggles the HUD. Escape should be used (as standard convention) to pause/end the game.

What I liked:

- The 3D models are purdy
- Sound effects
- Big resolution, may not go down too well with all cards but its refreshing to have a larger area to work with
- Good fun in general

All in all, good job. Only very minor negative points.

stormrunner    720
pretty good.
Quote:
Your "About" screen plays Eminem/D12's "My band".

the concept was solid (about screen + music), since most games do that, but i do agree the choice of music was slightly off.
Quote:
- The 3D models are purdy
- Sound effects
- Big resolution, may not go down too well with all cards but its refreshing to have a larger area to work with
- Good fun in general

seconded. the asteroids and the rotating space station were quality. the menu was refreshing - not the standard batch of key-only buttons.

minor side-note : i also downloaded the "brutal machine demo" and found it to be a good time as well.

cheers.

Sign in to follow this