FMod Crash In FSOUND_Update()

Started by
1 comment, last by SpreeTree 19 years, 6 months ago
Im a new user to FMod, and so far everything has been going well. None streaming samples play as they should, but I am having a serious probelm with streaming samples The problem is, FMod will crash in FSOUND_Update when I have requested a sample to be played. Removing the FSOUND_INIT_STREAM_FROM_MAIN_THREAD flag from FSOUND_Init just causes the FMod thread to crash when streaming. Is this a common problem with a common answer? Here is a bit more information about the stream setup. Firstly the streaming samples provided with the SDK work, so I know it is not a computer related issue. I have used the same set up steps as the samples, in FSOUND_Stream_Open i have tried a variety of flags, including the ones used in the samples, but i dont see how this could be a problem as the function does not return an error. The FSOUND_Stream_SetBufferSize function is set to 1000 as per the samples also, and I am using a wav file that is used in the samples (jbtennis.wav) I am using FSOUND_SetMemorySystem and assigned a 10MB heap (which sould be plenty enough), though the crash still occurs if i remove this function. I am not attempting to change the positon, volume or frequency of the channel that has been assigned The driver that is being used is the Primary Sound Driver via DirectSound. The sound card is RealTek AC'97. Hopefully I havn't missed anything out there. And I hope someone else can help me out. I am unable to test the code on another PC at the moment, but hopefully this can be solved by someone out there Thanks in advance Spree
Advertisement
Jut making sure - you are trying to do 3D sound right? because otherwise there's no reason to call FSOUND_Update()

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I managed to fix the problem last night, it was something to do with the sound card in my laptop, but now I have managed to get around the problem.

In regards to using FSOUND_Update. Yes I am using 3D sounds, but I would still need to call FSOUND_Update regardless as I pass the 'Dont use the FMod thread' flag to FSOUND_Init, so it is used for the streaming of sounds as well

Spree

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement