Sign in to follow this  
Alpha_ProgDes

Just thought you should know (about Input API)

Yes it's a kind of new glut revisited. I use it now for my unitary tests when I want to test some physics or graphics, and also test standalone modules on multiple platforms.

Still I don't think it's enough for most games. There not as deep control as with DInput for instance or other OS dependent APIs. You need at least to add you own layer on the top of GLFW. But it won't be enough if you have more pro requirements for a FPS game and target a deep game play in the controls.

I'd like to see a true input manager API of pro game dev quality. For instance something dealing with combos, custom virtual devices, forced delays of 'messages' (to lower ping dependency in multiplayer games), etc ...

I use it as well. I did use SDL but I switched. I never have to mess with a dll because of the license and there's a make file supplied with glfw that actually compiles the entire thing without a hitch(no really!) on my compiler(Borland). It's smaller than SDL and it has complete documentation.
It is true that it is as the library name(GLFW) suggests, open-GL F-rame W-ork. I think it is enough for most games. From what I've read of both libs source codes, it's on par with SDL.