Sign in to follow this  
Johnn

Problems with multitexturing

If I render the map (Quake 3's bsp - normal textures and lightmaps) before the models (Quake 3's md3), the rendered textures of the models are the from the map ie. walls and bricks and they seem to randomly change when I move my mouse while looking at them. If I load the models first, the textures on the model are fine, but I dont get any lightmaps. I tried to render a simple quad with a texture and it was doing the same thing as with the model so I guess that the problem is with multitexturing of the map. I have no idea what could be causing it... Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks

The most common problems with multitexturing are caused by forgetting to activate or deactivate a texture unit. For instance, if you leave texture unit 1 active after you render the level, and your models only use texture unit 0, you must turn off unit 1 or your model will get the last texture that was bound to unit 1. The textures on your model change when you look around, because the last texture to be bound to a particular texture unit will depend on the last piece of geometry that was rendered. As the view changes, the geometry in the frustum changes and so the last bound texture can change. This is just a guess though, post some code for more specific help.