First completed game demo

Started by
26 comments, last by Kitasia 19 years, 6 months ago
Wow, very nice! One problem I found: I beat up the Red Wolf but I killed him off screen. I had no Watch to give back to the Lighter guy.

Anyway, excellent demo! I'll be damned proud if my first game turns out anywhere as nice as this one.

As for the MSVCR72.DLL problem: you need the MSVCRT7 runtime DLL. The file above isn't really a full setup so it doesn't include all the dependencies. You can do a search for MSAVCR71.DLL and find many packages with it. (I don't have a MSVCR72.DLL on my system, but the game runs fine.)

..what we do will echo throughout eternity..
Advertisement
I have Visual C++ 6.0 standard edition.

I'll go get that .dll I suppose .
probably a 7.1 or 7 specific DLL then im guessing
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
This library file should be distributed with your application when using the C run-time libraries with VS.NET. MSVCR72, though? I've seen MSVCR70 and MSVCR71. Are you using the VS.NET 2005 Express Beta?

This is no longer a system file, so you should distribute it with all your programs that need it.
- A momentary maniac with casual delusions.
Hmm... seems to be freezing on me, unless I just don't get the controls. I walk up to the guy in the tree and he says something, and then nothing happens. So then I pressed enter, and the game froze, but sound was still going, so maybe it was just loading or something... A readme.txt would be nice, and also.

btw, I'm running Win XP Pro, AMD XP 2100, ATI 9500 Pro, and 512 MB ram.
Write more poetry.http://www.Me-Zine.org
Quote:
Hmm... seems to be freezing on me, unless I just don't get the controls. I walk up to the guy in the tree and he says something, and then nothing happens. So then I pressed enter, and the game froze, but sound was still going, so maybe it was just loading or something... A readme.txt would be nice, and also.

btw, I'm running Win XP Pro, AMD XP 2100, ATI 9500 Pro, and 512 MB ram

I have the same problem to the word.

Win XP Home, NVidia Geforce 5750 512 RAM
i had the same "problem"... untill i figured out that pressing enter paused the game [smile].. press "T" to talk / move through convo.
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Very good game. I wish I could make sometime like that lol. I am still learning C hehe.

Keep up the work kid, nintendo is just around the corner.

Relient
Nice game, but I found it a little confusing walking through the levels. You go up in one area and come out on the left side of another....threw me off for a while. A map would definately come in handy, or even area names, since they all look the same.

Nonetheless, a very nice demo. Keep up the good work.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----Version: 3.12GCS/M/S d->+(++) s+: a19? C++++ UL++ P+++ L+ !E W+++ N+ o++ K? w!O M-- V? !PS PE Y+ PGP t++ 5+++ X R tv+> b+(++)>+++ DI+++>+++++ D++G e>++++ h! r y?------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Thanks for the feedback! Feel free to do whatever you wish with the demo. As for the art, (and everything else in this game), I made it myself from tip to toe. For the rain, I simply used the same image just in different locations. I would've gave the game a more professional feel, (Like a map) but at one point I was struggling trying to figure how to program walking down a path (I think graveyardfilla knows about that. Anyway, thanks again and now I'll be figuring out what to do next [grin].

Last Note: I forgot to mention that S+D does the special move. Guess the second bar looked pretty useless huh?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement