First completed game demo

Started by
26 comments, last by Kitasia 19 years, 6 months ago
Well I finally finished my game demo. I'm not really thrilled with the results but it's only the first go (Not like I'm selling it or anything). Anyway, to those who would do me the honor of trying it, do you think it's enough to get me some sort of job at a company? I know I have the talent, but I don't think this shows it. It's hard to dazzle when you're not focusing on one thing at a time! Anyway here's the address. www.Freewebs.com/antiguyx/index.htm One last note, my computer has a 1.7ghz pentium chip and I have 384 MB and it moves perfect.I tested 256 MB on a AMD Processor and it was a bit sluggish. Anyway, that's all! Everything else is right on that one post.
Advertisement
downloading at 1.1k/s .... [sad]...

i dont think a simple demo will get you a job or anything, though. what kind of job do you want to get exactly ? engine programming ? 3d graphics, networking, AI ? everything is specialized these days from what i hear.
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Very good!

As to your question: I don't know, so I won't answer. It depends on how well it was written, probably.
Not giving is not stealing.
very good? you must have a better connection to this site then me.. still only at 19%, going 1.0k/s =)
Quote:Original post by graveyard filla
very good? you must have a better connection to this site then me.. still only at 19%, going 1.0k/s =)

Mine DLed in like 20 seconds. Maybe I ate all of his bandwidth allowance?
Not giving is not stealing.
Nice game, how long did it take you to make?
_______________________________________________________________________________________He's a real no where man, sitting in his no where land, making all his no where plans for nobody...
ok, found the "fast" download..

wow, that is a very impressive demo... is this original art for the game? did you make it yourself? either way, its very good art, you have an awesome artist...

you have to tell me, how did you make that rain? its awesome.
I noticed his fast mirror is on Angelfire. Their download cap might hit, so I mirrored it on my web site:

http://www.schkerke.com/files/gamedev/antiguy/felixfox.zip

AntiGuy: Feel free to list me on your site, if you'd like. If you update the files just give me a PM and I can update it. If, on the other hand, you want me to take it down, just let me know.
..what we do will echo throughout eternity..
"This application has failed to start because MSVCR72.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this."

I'll wager a guess and forgive me if i'm wrong. Is this a debug .exe?
nah, thats a release mode .dll... the debug version is exactly the same only with a D at the end.. im guessing you dont have visual studio ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement