Sign in to follow this  
pammatt

[java] Java Ogre3D addon

pammatt    211
So I was taking a look at the Java JNI bindings for Ogre3D because I want to provide the same integration for my C++ 3D engine code. The reason I want to build Java bindings for my engine is so that I can use Swing to build my level editor. I have JOGL working fine and so I was hoping there could be a way to pass the OpenGL context from JOGL (the GLCanvas) to my C++ engine so that all OpenGL rendering commands would be directed to my JOGL render context. Any ideas on how this could be done? If what I am suggesting isn't possible, do you guys have any suggestions for any other ways to incorporate a C++ based graphics engine into a Java/Swing level editor. Thanks and I am really looking forward to any suggestions!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Why not just make a java version of your engine? Not only do you increase the number of people who can use your engine, you also get to make your level-editor much more easily.

pammatt    211
I am actually in the process of doing that. However, for work, they want to use an engine written in C++. Since the project will be starting in a couple of months, I thought I would make another attempt at using my engine since I wrote the code. That way I'm not learning another engine at the same time I'm figuring out the JNI stuff.