Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another mfc question

This topic is 6278 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Back again I was wondering, how can I create a... well how should I say... some sort of Scour Exchange view ? I need a ''list of editboxes''... any suggestions ? Thanx ! Divide Overflow "He who seeks wisdom shouldn''t be here" -- anonymous

You could create one as a custom control (though I guess that''s what you already meant). I really am not sure. By that do you mean something like a combo box except all the items are edit boxes? Man, that just sounds weird. Then again, I''ve never used (or heard of) Scour Exchange.

Clarify then maybe I can throw some ideas at you.

-Goku

Yeah I know

Let's give it a shot. I mean like... uhm, well, for example in Delphi it's called a grid (found some examples for what I wanted). I bet you've used napster once (or more ), at the download view, you see.. like... 6 'array' style things. Download / Size / Time left, etc. And those things form one 'grid' togheter. That grid is what I ment.

Hope I clarified it a bit

Divide Overflow
"I'm the dirt on your shirt" -- anonymous

Edited by - Divide Overflow on October 8, 2000 10:29:31 AM

Actually, I''ve never used Napster either (I just couldn''t be bothered to). I think I know what you mean now anyway. It''s essentially what you get when you run the Windows Find app and the results show up. I think I figured it out. You''ll need MSVC++ 6 to do this the easy way. In the Resource Editor, add a List Control. Right click on it and select Properties. Go to the Styles tab and under View, select Report. After that you have to add items and headers through the code but I''m not sure how.

If you have MSVC++ 5 or less, good luck. You''ll have to hard code the listbox and edit it. I think you can use the CListBox class for that.

OK, I hope that''s what you were looking for. Good luck and happy MFCing.

-Goku