Two questions: One Windows, One Scripting

Started by
9 comments, last by Goku705 23 years, 6 months ago
Thanks. I think I''ve got it now. Loading the EXE as a library seems kind of silly though very interesting but I think I''ll just make the scripted functions into a DLL and load from there. Essentially the GetProcAddress() function was exactly what I wanted because from there, making and using a function pointer shouldn''t be hard (I''ll have to look up exactly how to use function pointers but I''ll manage). Yeah, the more I mull that over, the easier it sounds. Good.

Now, I think I''ll agree with you. SDI seems better. The interface feels tidier to me that way anyway (status bar, menus, toolbar, etc.). The only reason I was unsure was because with a dialog-based app I can design the whole interface through the resource editor. With SDI, any controls on the main window have to be hard coded. Well, at least that would be true if I were using MSVC++ 5 or lower because I just found out that 6 lets you derive the View''s class from CFormView. This essentially means that my program is put together with controls in an SDI window. I can also design that as if this were VB (they''re trying too hard to close the gap between the C++ and VC++), in fact, it could even be a VB form.

Anyway, I''m done rambling now. Thanks again.

-Goku

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement