From C# to C++

Started by
56 comments, last by benutne 19 years, 6 months ago
Just going over my C++ book here and I keep thinking to myself, "Wow. This is all so much easier to do in C#!" I realize there is an amount of bloat that C# introduces to a program, but other than that, I cant imagine why anyone would prefer C++ over C#. Any helpful hints on going from C# to C++?
Advertisement
Okay, so I'm confused. If C# is so great and all, why are you asking about going from it to C++?
CoV
I guess I should mention were talking game programming here...since this is GameDev and all.
Quote:Original post by Mayrel
Okay, so I'm confused. If C# is so great and all, why are you asking about going from it to C++?

Certain platforms for which we now support dont like C# all that much...

And in all reality, I didnt say C++ was bad. Its fast and well supported. Its just a little more difficult to get a grasp on than C#. Half of C#'s appeal is its ease of use.
Anyone else have any suggestions for using C++ after C#?
Well I guess you are going to have to learn how to code again :)
>> bloat that C# introduces

?? I converted a game from C++ to c# using the new DirectX library. Almost everything was identical, except the EXE that was 2048K in C++ was 199K in C#.

Anti-bloat maybe.
C++ is easy, it's just hard for dummies. They did that on purpose.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
C++ is easy, it's just hard for dummies. They did that on purpose.

That's a ridiculous statement.

-John
- John
Executable size is not indicative of bloat. .NET just has most of the code residing in the framework itself, which is twenty megabytes. Most native executables don't have such large runtime requirements.

Anyway, people who worry about bloat should consider getting checked for OCD. (Miranda devs, are you listening?) Just my inflammatory opinion.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement